Raid attitude and etiquette

If you don't have a place that fits put it here.

Moderators: tmagnet, Bashara

tmagnet
Site Admin

Raid attitude and etiquette

Post by tmagnet » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:51 am

It has come to my attention that 6-22-13 Cata Raid Achievment run was a bit out of control last night. I want to make it known right here and now that this will not be tolerated. It is one thing to poke fun in a friendly mature manor but when it starts turning cruel with tones and attitude its out of hand and control. We are not a bunch of children playing this game....these are not just cartoon characters in the game there is an actual person attached to the other end of that character. We are not Elitist Jerks and holier than tho.....we are an average group of players that don't know it all and need some humbleing to remember this. I am totally embarresed that this behavior took place in my absence and very shocked it was allowed to happen.

If you can not listen be kind and have a mature attitude in any form of raid group or heroic dungeon, scenario etc....then please leave this guild. We have taken years to build a very respectful reputation on this server and to hear the stuff that went on and how the mood was in this raid im very disappointed. Not to mention there were others not in the guild in that raid and a 12 year old that need to be led by example and others new to the FD raiding environment. I apologize to these people who attended and had to witness this behavior.

We do not raid in this manner and I hope that you will forgive this behavior and attend another raid that is properly ran without getting out of control.

Rules for Raiding...
1. Always be polite
2. Always be prepared
3. Always be respectful

This sarcasm is obviously getting way out of hand and a stop needs to be put to this.

Tmagnet

Bashara
Site Admin

Re: Raid attitude and etiquette

Post by Bashara » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:51 am

I only heard rumour about what happened but this is a game and meant to be fun although a certain amount of focus needs to be present in order to complete tasks in the game and too much . . "cutting it up" can get in the way at times. To hear that someone left the group means to me that it was taken too far. I'm sure that no-one has an intention to hurt someone's feelings or offend anyone but when joking and sarcasm is running rampit then there is always the chance that someone could get hurt. It's fun to laugh at our failings but we must always remember to be respectful and know when it is being taken too far.

I do hope that no-one got offended or received a bad impression about our guild from any events that took place.

Quickie

Post by Quickie » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:29 pm

Well since this is all about me, I should clear the air and tell ya what really happened. I died, my fault, arcane blast and frost bomb make for one angry crowd. No way anyone was going to keep me up, even our elite healers, lol. (and i'll never repeat that) :lol: Anyway, came back in, was nagging on Death for killing me, and Cali jumped in and once in a life time, gave me grief, well done my lady! Then it happened, lights flickered in the house, off line I go, turn around and I have big time agro with my mate. It was late night movie night and Superman was calling our names. I did my best Flash Gordon routine and out the door we went. Then it hit me when I got Carvs text, oh crap, didn't leave the raid group on a good note. Me being Quickie, I gave Carv the cold shoulder routine just for laughs but then I realized, oh she's serious. Told her no worries, all was well just was late for the movie and couldn't log back in. So, there ya have it. No big deal my guildies, just a moment in life when my fantasy world collides with my real world. All is good with me, sorry for leaving the wrong impression. Take care.
Last edited by Quickie on Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

tmagnet
Site Admin

Post by tmagnet » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:47 am

Just a heads up Quickie it wasn't about you

Balmar

Post by Balmar » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:15 pm

Well, I will start off by apologizing to everyone that attended Saturday nights Cata Achievement Run. I was the one that set up the run, and I was the one running it. So if anyone is upset or offended by what went on I am truly sorry. I spoke with Quickie about that situation and like what he posted it ended up being a big misunderstanding on everyone's part.

But much like what T posted originally we need to get back to being more respectful of everyone in this guild, and especially with people from other guilds. When they see disrespect abounding it puts a sour taste in their mouths. Our guild does have a good reputation on this server and I would like to keep it that way. Lets just remember to be respectful, while still having fun...it is a game after all. But there is a point of taking it too far, and it detracting from our focus and progress.

Again sorry for my part in any of what went on Sat. night. Let's put it behind us and move on. :)